Monday, November 18, 2013

Who's Making Decisions

I'm asked "How's the new process working" my reply is great!!  Three months later which is now I'm like what the heck has happen??? The process was going fine but something has change.  I'm trying to figure out what could have possible happen I fixing things that were never a problem.  By now I'm frustrated!!  My manager alerts my co-workers and I with news and he always asked "is everything going ok"  I'm like ok its time to present him with this frustrating issue.  I'm explaining to him about the issues that we all have encountered his response was "that's what happens when people make decision that are not doing the work" immediately I said "YES" he giggled and said "you don't have to agree"  He was ultimately right; a decision was made neither my co-workers nor I was at the "round' table and the decision created multiple problems. Being an outsider and looking inside may looks simple but pitching in will broaden one's insight.  I have always said that I never want to manage anyone and I didn't know how to do the job myself.  As I pursue a career in Public Administration my goal is to become a successful leader that will always have an open door policy, take time to listen, and learn.
http://www.what-are-good-leadership-skills.com/leaddership-skills-in-the-workplace.html

No comments:

Post a Comment